To apply to for the Golden Visa Programme citizens should be involved in an investment activity, either individually or through a company conducting, at least, one of the following operations in the Portuguese territory for a minimum of 5 years.
• Capital transfer with a value equal to or above €1 million.
• Creation of at least 10 jobs.
• Acquisition of a real estate with a value equal to or above € 500.000,00
• Acquisition and rehabilitation work of a real estate constructed at least 30 years ago or located in an urban rehabilitation area, for a minimum global amount of € 350.000,00, which might also be made in c-ownership or by means of a single member limited company of which he/she is the proprietor, with headquarters in Portugal or in an EU member state.
• Capital transfer with a value equal to or above € 350.000,00 for investing in research activities conducted by public or private scientific research institutions involved in the national scientific or technology sectors.
• Capital transfer in an amount equal to or above € 250.000,00, to be applied in the support or investment in artistic production, the defense and restoration of the national cultural patrimony, through central and local administration, public institutes, entities within the business public sector, public foundations, private foundations with public utility, intermunicipal entities, entities that integrate the local business sector, municipal associative entities and cultural public associations which purpose is to promote and achieve artistic production, defence and restoration or maintenance of the national heritage.
• Capital transfer in an amount equal to or above € 500.000,00, for investment in the acquisition of participation units in venture capital funds or investment funds specialized in the capitalization of small or medium enterprises with a viable capitalization plan.
(The aforementioned investment activities must be maintained for a minimum of 5 years from the date residence permit is granted)